Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Standard 60s Tribute serial number

Pechy

For non-Japanese Epiphone, the prefix "F" would indicate Fine Guitars (Korea). However, I was under the impression that Epiphone stopped producing guitars in Korea in 2007-2008 and that production was only in China and Indonesia with the exception of the remaining Elitist models from Japan.

Not really sure if they still make guitars at the Fine plant in Korea. Maybe someone else will know for sure.

I would not say. Here is more on the forum posts to this model, the serial number also includes the letter F.

Epiphone currently on your site does not Elitist category. Tribute Model 60s is "higher" model. The guitar has all the specifications that should have, including a hard case ...

post-37700-043070500 1337311171_thumb.jpeg

post-37700-039646000 1337311183_thumb.jpeg

From the thread you linked to:

I bought a 60s Tribute Plus over the weekend. Has an F number stamped into it, and a sticker on the peghead that says Made In China.

They are made in China. I do not know what the "F" means. Probably nothing.

That is the same thing that the other member stated about his guitar, so apparently it is not unusual. The letter designation doesnt seem to mean anything on these new models. At one time "F" stood for either Fuji-gen (Japan) or Fine Guitars (Korea). But that time is gone. We havent figured out what it means yet, if anything at all.

Archived