Gibson Brands Forums

Roller Bridge

Don335

Hello everyone,

Has anyone here tried a TonePros TP6R-C roller bridge with a Bigsby equipped ES-335? I have had the nut dressed and the bridge saddles dressed and

my guitar stays in tune reasonable well. I'm thinking the roller bridge will just smooth things out a little more when using the Bigsby. Any

thoughts or opinions?

Thanks

Don335 [biggrin]

I haven't tried the roller bridge but I did swap out the saddles on the bridge of my ES-355 for Graphtech versions which gave the tuning stability a bit of a boost. Beefing up my string guages standard 10s to 10-52s also had a big effect on stability, as did adding a washer under the spring of the Bigsby, so I got to the point I needed to be without having to change the bridge.

• 3 months later...

It's always something. I've seen some people express concern over nut/saddle material that isn't bone or metal as being to "soft". Since you've already tried the cheapest remedy - dressing/lube - the next step up in value is trying the Graphtech saddles. If they don't do it for you, then try the roller bridge - I've used them and well made roller bridges work just fine.

Archived