Gibson Brands Forums

Phase 45

bluesguitar65

Yes, another pedal build. This time an MXR Phase 45 clone. This phaser is much more subtle than the phase 90. The wooshing effect is in between a vibe and a phaser and a touch of chorus. Its very useable. It really reminds me of Albert KIng's tone, as he also uses a phaser effect.

img0667nt.jpg

By bluesguitar65 at 2012-05-30

img0669ik.jpg

Here is a group shot of the homebrew crew so far, and quickly becoming bigger :)

img0675kk.jpg

img0676kk.jpg

I've always loved Phase 45s!

They do a good Leslie! Especially compared to other phasers...When you turn the speed control on a Phase 90 or Small Stone, it's pure ray gun! Not really a Leslie vibe there.

And they add just a touch of moodiness and atmosphere to the tone. Great for bluesy solos, not so much Brown Sound....

I love em'.

Dave Gilmour used one. So does/has Nels Cline from Wilco, Mike McCready from Pearl Jam, and a few others.

They are, as you stated, the perfect mix between a phaser and a Vibe!

Love the 45 too, was the only pedal I had back in the 70's. I have the MXR Custom Shop reissue now, along with the CS 90 and a Script 90, the 45 is may favorite.

So, is it too early to place a pre-order for one of your custom made hand wired boutique pedals of your own design (you know, where you quit your job and become a pedal mogul [wink] )? [cool]

Love the 45 too, was the only pedal I had back in the 70's. I have the MXR Custom Shop reissue now, along with the CS 90 and a Script 90, the 45 is may favorite.

So, is it too early to place a pre-order for one of your custom made hand wired boutique pedals of your own design (you know, where you quit your job and become a pedal mogul [wink] )? [cool]

LOL!!!!!!!!! Yes, I think its way to early to even consider purchasing any of my DIY pedals... and my wife made certain that I don't quit my job:)

Archived