it's too low and I can't believe it

I'm sure it's an epiphone sheraton

but it looks like fake

is it?

please let me know

cheers

post-41582-057158800 1338525347_thumb.jpg

post-41582-049025800 1338525352_thumb.jpg

Ask him for a picture of the back of the body. Lots of times they don't spend much time on the back. [flapper] Everything looks legit to me except the head stock, so it could be fake. Email him and ask how he can sell it for so low? If he makes up a BS excuse you know its fake. [biggrin]

The pics aren't great, but it appears to be legitimate to me, from here. That particular guitar may be several years old or older, and since it is a natural finish it likely has a 3-piece neck (evident from the back view).

If it was located nearby, I'd definitely go look at it, ready to part with the $200 if it didn't have any serious defects (minor stuff can be fixed/replaced).

If it's more than a few years old it would likely be considered to be more valuable than a recent model.. if it was made in Korea, for example (I don't know what the specific years were, though).

Sheraton II Epiphone Wiki link

It doesn't' appear to be a nearly brand new model because it would most likely have a green blossom in the headstock vine inlays and an Epiphone epsilon E on the truss rod cover.

With the natural finish there can't be concealed defects covered by a dark finish.

All the bindings look correct, where they should be and nothing obvious appears to indicate that it's a fake.

The serial number, located on a paper label visible though the F-hole, would indicate when it was made, but some folks are resistant to give the number.

BTW, that includes a case, right? (heheh)

Bill

hey guys

I just saw this ad on the internet

this guy sell it for $200

it's too low and I can't believe it

I'm sure it's an epiphone sheraton

but it looks like fake

is it?

please let me know

cheers

Archived