Gibson Brands Forums

My New 70's Tribute!!!

RUSHian

Hi,

Im buying a 70s standard LP. Someone got tips?

Im going to buy a LP Standard but thought that if adding a bit more of money and getting a 70s LP Standard could be better for the second hand value. LPs keep a quite good second hand value in general but I thought that if I get a 70s LP Standard, I would def get the money back the day I sell it (if so!) in the future.

Ive read as much as tech specs as possible online on different LP models but most "vintage-talk" is about 50s or 60s LPs.

When looking on eBay, I dont find too many 70s LP Standards out there which maybe could be that people dont want to sell them, right?

My main concern is, I havent been able to find any "general" spec "rules" for 70s LP Standards, as for example, 50s ones got thicker necks than the 60s taper neck. What Ive found out that many of the vintage ones has bigger/longer tenons which must be better for sustain.

My friend has a LP Standard 2004 and he said that from 2004 and onwards, LP went back to using more of the "old style" original components.

Just not sure what to buy, my main concern is that it has a thin taper neck and as small frets as possible so its easy to play.

Any input would be ace.

Thanks

Tom

i do have 2 gibsons did you see my sig.? so are you saying your custom shop guitar has less resonace than faded guitar.? sounds like a good test for myth busters. i just think a 800 dollar+ guitar should have a better finish at least look as good as a epi or mex strat.

That's you're opinion- Quit harshin my New Guitar buzz! Made in the USA quality with a great price.

Archived