Gibson Brands Forums

"bound" pickguard for my 339's

Crow

For those who were helping me in a different thread, I just wanted to post pics of my new pickguards I got for my 339's. Yes I am sick, I bought two 339's..lol

Not the best pics, my apologies, but I was looking for an old style Gibson "Bound" pickguard look. These look pretty good, at least I like them. They aren't bound they are just beveled at 60 degrees. Not sure I like pickguards, but if I am gonna have them, at least I like these better than the ones that come on them. Terrible pics I know. but you can get the idea.

burstbound.jpg

burstbound2.jpg

ebonybound.jpg

ebonybound2.jpg

For those who were helping me in a different thread, I just wanted to post pics of my new pickguards

Yes, they look great. Sorry I missed the "other" thread, but........

AllParts sells very good replicas of L-5 pickguards in black and tortoise. A L-5C pickguard with 5-ply binding just might fit your guitar(s), you would just have to do the cutouts for the pickup surrounds.

http://www.allparts.com/Bound-Black-L-5-Pickguard-p/pg-9815-023.htm

Yes, they look great. Sorry I missed the "other" thread, but........

AllParts sells very good replicas of L-5 pickguards in black and tortoise. A L-5C pickguard with 5-ply binding just might fit your guitar(s), you would just have to do the cutouts for the pickup surrounds.

http://www.allparts.com/Bound-Black-L-5-Pickguard-p/pg-9815-023.htm

Thanks, I never saw those, but the one I got look pretty nice,a nd were precut for Epiphone 339, at about half that price, so I am happy. I got these from a an ebay seller. I had bought one for my Dot a few years ago, so I knew they looked pretty nice.

They look good, personally I prefer the 339 with a pickguard, it looks unfinished without one IMO.

I don't blame you for having more than one 339 - seriously good guitars and crazy value for money!! (now you need to get one in cherry!!! [drool] )

They look good, personally I prefer the 339 with a pickguard, it looks unfinished without one IMO.

I don't blame you for having more than one 339 - seriously good guitars and crazy value for money!! (now you need to get one in cherry!!! [drool] )

Thanks, I like the look. My first choice would have been Cherry, but I already have a Cherry Dot..lol A man has to know his limitations..lol.. I bought 6 guitars this spring when I retired. All in one month. That is a sickness..lol [crying]

Archived