Gibson Brands Forums

BYOC Leeds Fuzz

Riffster

Who owns one? no pun intended [flapper]

I would like to build a Fuzz eventually and I am looking for something I don't already have, the Leeds seems to fit the bill,

I have:

- Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face

- Big Muff with tone wicker

- Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz

I am bit confused by how different these two sound, I am always leery that Gearmandude gets "select" pedals to demo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_V21IaTtLfM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3j5Mdzp_ks

I built one. It was the first thing I ever built.

Finished.jpg

I recommend it as a build - pretty simple but complicated enough to teach you some

stuff. However, I don't keep it on my pedal board and don't use it often. It has two

sounds (due to the little switch). One sound is very mid-heavy and one is very scooped

(Big Muff like). I found both a little too far apart. I have modified the circuit to

bring some mids back into the "scooped" setting. It's better now but still pales in

comparison the the other fuzzes I have built recently. Also its octave is very subtle

- not sure if that is a factor or not.

I will probably get something else then,

The Mammoth sale is pretty tempting, I may get a kit from them. The question now is which kit.

I hear ya. I ordered the RTO, the Booster, and the Cornish G2 kits last night. As for their

fuzzes, I built the Hot Silicon (a silicon Tone Bender clone apparently) a month ago. It is

totally bada$$! Easy build, great sounding, gobs of fuzz (but still cleans up nicely. I

really like it. [thumbup]

This ...

DSC_0010-1.jpg

That's alright, the pedal is simply a clone of a tone bender or something like that,

I am not trying to get Pete's tone on that record, I would not know, I have never listened to that record.

I do like the tones Gearmandude gets out of it though.

Archived