Gibson Brands Forums

Unid vintage Amp

Angry-Again

Hey folks,

Heres the mystery piece of the day. I have an old amp i've has for years and have no clue what is is.. I have spent hours researching online and i cant find one like it. Its solid state, the pot switches are cts and have a code of 1376632 which should be a 1966 date. It appears to have all american made electronics in it. The sticker at the bottom reads American telephone and telegraph model 872. 24watts. The speaker is 8" and it has a code of 465-626 which makes it an oxford made speaker. it has 3 inputs and 4 knobs, for volume, tone, vibrato strength and speed as well as a jack for a footswitch. There are no markings otherwise to indicate a maker. It looks closest to a Kay to me. It works great and has excellent tone. I would like to know what it is, and possibly do a restoration on it. Thanks!! :-)

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

l.jpg

"American telephone and telegraph "

That would be AT&T.

I know they made amps for other companies, but my understanding is they made them for other manufacturers and were branded under thier respective brand name?? i cant find any info on it under the model number or AT&T.

Archived