Gibson Brands Forums

(4) 20' instrument cables for $26. A good deal?

Well, if those videos are for real, they are certainly eye (ear!) opening. The Mogami's sound like the "stuff", so another question then. What about so called "silent" jacks? I do switch guitars (though I could simply engage the tuner to kill the signal), and I see Mogami cords with a silent Neutrik jack, do these adversely effect the sound?

Next up, the pedal board cords. I'd rather make my own, what components can I buy to equal the quality/sound of the Mogami's? (I need the really flat ends I have on some to get between on some, are Switchcraft ends going to hurt the sound)?

The Mogami Gold cable I have uses G&H Plugs, you can find those same plugs on eBay and that same seller has a website. G&H also offers the silent plugs, these are the best plugs I have seen, right at par if not better with the best Switchcraft of Neutrik. and yes they have right angle plugs.

The Mogami Gold cable I have uses G&H Plugs, you can find those same plugs on eBay and that same seller has a website. G&H also offers the silent plugs, these are the best plugs I have seen, right at par if not better with the best Switchcraft of Neutrik. and yes they have right angle plugs.

Understand about the right angle, but some are thicker than others. These "pancake" style are what I currently have on my smallest pedal board, and I don't think I can get by with anything even a bit thicker. For the rest, it is not an issue, but that one for sure, they have to be flat. Thanks for the tip on the G&H plugs, does Mogami (or anyone else) sell the same cable used in these premade Mogami Gold cables? Then all I'd need to do is duplicate the solder/connection and I'd have their equal.

Understand about the right angle, but some are thicker than others. These "pancake" style are what I currently have on my smallest pedal board, and I don't think I can get by with anything even a bit thicker. For the rest, it is not an issue, but that one for sure, they have to be flat. Thanks for the tip on the G&H plugs, does Mogami (or anyone else) sell the same cable used in these premade Mogami Gold cables? Then all I'd need to do is duplicate the solder/connection and I'd have their equal.

I hear you, I have a few switchcraft mini-pancake plugs laying around just in case I ever need that tight fit,

If you are talking about bulk Mogami with no plugs, I looked and have not found it.

Archived