Gibson Brands Forums

es 335 pots

scmglotr

Is there any difference between the cts 500k pots and the 500k mini pots? I was thinking of doing an upgrade on my 335 and thought the mini pots would be easier to get in and work with. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, chris

I have a satin 335 and it has 300k volumes and I want to change the caps and while im at it I thought i would put cts pots in seeing how working on an es is like having dental work done thru your anus lol

I still can't answer the original question. Since I found out gibson used 500k pots on my es (block inlay) I did not change them, but only the caps and the wiring.

when I asked about rewiring my es a memeber posted the following link to a pretty helpful video:

I watched everything on youtube about wiring an ES style guitar. I just figured since I was doing caps and wiring why not put in top of the line pots and forget about it. I was just wondering if the mini pots would work cause being smaller in size would give more room getting them in thru the F-hole if I had to take them out in the future for any reason, like a pickup change or something like that.

Archived