Gibson Brands Forums

For Frank Zappa and Kiss fans....

RowdyMoon

I love KISS and always will, but...

Gene and Paul are about as interesting and entertaining as Jay Leno........I can listen to Ace, the other KISS guys, or other bands/artists like Rush, EVH/AVH, Michael Anthony, the Thin Lizzy guys, Alice Cooper, Michael Schenker, Tesla, Joe Bonamassa, Paul Gilbert, Steve Vai, Satch, Yngwie, etc, talk for hours....

It's funny, because they're talking about "The Elder" like it's some sort of masterpiece, when really it was an epic fail and a disappointment to many KISS fans (I know of some that actually like it, mind you). If they had done a kicka$$ rock record (with Eddie Kramer producing, who KNEW how to capture the band, and especially Ace, at their best, which Ezrin fails to do because of his production style), maybe they would have got back on track and Ace would have stayed. The thing is, however, that the songs themselves aren't all that bad, they're just bad KISS songs. And it's a crappy concept (or at least a decent concept gone totally wrong) to begin with. The music is pretty good (except for the orchestrations, which sound out of place), but the lyrics are so-so. They should have done a different concept; the movie Detroit Rock City should have been a concept album. That's what KISS is all about anyways, right?

I don't see what Zappa has to do with this though....

If Zappa is in this video I would be interested in skipping to that part but I could only sit through about 30 seconds of Gene and Paul before I had to bail out. At what time does Zappa come in?

Flo and Eddie......hello?...........Are you familiar with Zappa?

but seriously folks, cool clip.

.....don't f**k around.....

Archived