Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone an Impulse Guitar Buyer?

RUSHian

I live in a small town with just one music store with very few guitars. So I don't get any opportunities to be an impulse buyer at home.

Instead I'm an impulse bidder on Ebay and other sites where guitars are bought and sold. When I got home late last night after having a couple of beers on the town I saw a nice LP on Ebay with a low starting bid. I don't need it but I couldn't resist placing a bid that should keep me as the high bidde at least for a couple of days. Who knows where it'll end?

Last year, while browsing an auction site to see how much an used Fender combo amp would cost, I stumbled across a green Gretsch that was so cool I just had to buy it. I'm still not sure what to do with it but it sure looks and sounds great.

I am trying really hard right now not to impulse buy ANY guitars. I am saving for a Les Paul and I am about a third of the way to my goal, yet I keep stumbling across really cool guitars that I could buy right now with what I have already saved. I could easily lose my mind at any second and just buy one of them, but then I am back to square on on my Les Paul. Focus on the grand prize Scot, Focus.

Did you get anything before Parker's closed. By the time I got there, all the good stuff was gone.

My impulse buy was my Am. Dlx. Strat. Northside of Houston is a place called Kat's Guitar/All Pawn. Half guitar shop, half pawn shop, that sells guitars new and used. Walked in there, and there it was hanging on the top row. I plugged it into a TRRI and played for about 30 min. I turned around and asked the guy about his layaway plan, and proceeded from there. Got it out about 3 months later.

I got a Seagull acoustic for fairly cheap. But yeah, the place was nearly empty.

Archived