Gibson Brands Forums

How About A Steaming Plate Of Anger?

J.R.M.30!

They say a tortured soul can make good music i.e. the Blues and a little controlled anger mixed in and you've got Rock. Do you like angry/tortured music? If yes, who are the artist/musicians that you consider troubled? Who are the artist/musicians that are the opposite? With me the late Amy Winehouse comes to mind, before that in the 90's Kurt Cobain, Tupac Shakur, hmm 80's Madonna, that's more debatable, 70's hmmm John Lennon, ah the 60's Janis Joplin, the 50's darn can't think of anyone either and finally early country and blues artists. In the present Michael Buble, then say in the 70's rats I can only come up with a Disco act and finally the 50's help me out, I dunno. [rolleyes]

They say a tortured soul can make good music i.e. the Blues and a little controlled anger mixed in and you've got Rock. Do you like angry/tortured music? If yes, who are the artist/musicians that you consider troubled? Who are the artist/musicians that are the opposite? With me the late Amy Winehouse comes to mind, before that in the 90's Kurt Cobain, Tupac Shakur, hmm 80's Madonna, that's more debatable, 70's hmmm can't think of anybody, ah the 60's Janis Joplin, the 50's darn can't think of anyone either and finally early country and blues artists. In the present Michael Buble, then say in the 70's rats I can only come up with a Disco act and finally the 50's help me out, I dunno. [rolleyes]

Charlie Parker. Billie Holiday. Etta James. Little Walter. Nina Simone. Otis Rush. Jaco Pastorius.

I agree that Madonna and Michael Buble are torture, is that what you mean?.

Archived