Gibson Brands Forums

Looking forward to Fur Peace Ranch - 1st time

Big Muddy

New to the Forum. Trying to get my ten posts so I can post to the Trading Post.

Looking forward to Fur Peace and not sure which guitar to take.

LG-2 or CSR. I'm thinking the LG-2 since it's smaller and would be easier on the plane.

Also have two J-45's but I like the other two better for the Blind Blake/ Rev. type music.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

New to the Forum. Trying to get my ten posts so I can post to the Trading Post.

Looking forward to Fur Peace and not sure which guitar to take.

LG-2 or CSR. I'm thinking the LG-2 since it's smaller and would be easier on the plane.

Also have two J-45's but I like the other two better for the Blind Blake/ Rev. type music.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Nice cards..

Take the guitar that is less probably destroyed by baggage handlers..better case..or better fit..or one you can do without if ..you know.

Good luck

I like the cards too.

The king is for a kind approach and effortless empassion.

The 10 of clubs for good luck in the game.

The ace of spades is for strength, , , and of course for that one life-size guitar.

Can't give any advice, but would like to hear more 'bout your acoustics – especially the 45's.

Any suggestions?

I'm not going that weekend, but I've been about half a dozen times. You can't go wrong with the LG-2 -- you'll see a lot of cool guitars there, and the LG-2 will fit right in. Are you taking Jorma or Woody? I've done workshops with both, and can guarantee you'll have a blast with either.

-- Bob R

I'm not going that weekend, but I've been about half a dozen times. You can't go wrong with the LG-2 -- you'll see a lot of cool guitars there, and the LG-2 will fit right in. Are you taking Jorma or Woody? I've done workshops with both, and can guarantee you'll have a blast with either.

-- Bob R

Thanks Bob,

I went with Jorma this time. I've been on Woody's site for several months now so I almost went with him.

I'm a pretty good player. Learn pretty fast. No that good of performer though since I mostly play solo at home these days.

Looking forward to the trip and talking to you guys here on the forum,

Thanks again,

I like the cards too.

The king is for a kind approach and effortless empassion.

The 10 of clubs for good luck in the game.

The ace of spades is for strength, , , and of course for that one life-size guitar.

Can't give any advice, but would like to hear more 'bout your acoustics – especially the 45's.

Thanks for the reply E,

Looking forward to sharing and posting pictures.

Just getting started. More shall be revealed.

DK

Nice cards..

Take the guitar that is less probably destroyed by baggage handlers..better case..or better fit..or one you can do without if ..you know.

Good luck

Hey Mersey,

That is a picture of the upper bout of a Stella "Gambler"

They are so cool looking. I would to have one.

Can;t wait to start posting pics and getting a little more involved.

Tenth post..... I'm now a real person!

-- Bob R

Bob,

If you have the time could you provide any info for the first timer.

What to bring, not to bring. Songs to learn, etc. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Really looking forward to the trip.

David

What to bring, not to bring. Songs to learn, etc. Any info would be appreciated.

Can't recommend much beyond the advice on the website. I would urge you to bring a digital recorder with you. This is not absolutely necessary for a Jorma Level 2 workshop, because Marjorie will send you reference recordings of the songs and tab after, but I find the full-class recordings really useful. Oh, and a coffee cup with a lid or a water bottle, depending on your preferred drink temperature.

(If you could somehow find out what song you'll be working on first, it would be a big plus, but that probably won't be decided until Jorma and Marjorie get to talking on the Friday you arrive.)

-- Bob R

P.S. Check out the pie at Millie's if you get a chance.

Can't recommend much beyond the advice on the website. I would urge you to bring a digital recorder with you. This is not absolutely necessary for a Jorma Level 2 workshop, because Marjorie will send you reference recordings of the songs and tab after, but I find the full-class recordings really useful. Oh, and a coffee cup with a lid or a water bottle, depending on your preferred drink temperature.

(If you could somehow find out what song you'll be working on first, it would be a big plus, but that probably won't be decided until Jorma and Marjorie get to talking on the Friday you arrive.)

-- Bob R

P.S. Check out the pie at Millie's if you get a chance.

Thanks for the info Bob,

I'm going to get to Columbus on Thursday morning, so I have a day of tooling around.

Looking forward to the trip. Getting excited. It's my first break all year.

• 3 weeks later...

-- Bob R

Bob,

Got to spend quality time with Majorie, Jorma, Woody and Bob Margolin.

What a blast! Met some new friends I will remember forever. One regularly posts here on the forum.

Already signed up for next August 23. Thanks for the input and advice. I really appriciate it.

David,

Archived