Gibson Brands Forums

Tuning Peg Lube?

10K-DB

Hi all,,just wondering about tuning peg lube on kluson tuning pegs? I just got a SG Standard{new,awsome!}and wondered if theres a interval when to "lube" the tuning gears,as to not let them dry out,or whatever. Any info would be great,Thanks. S

Hi all,,just wondering about tuning peg lube on kluson tuning pegs? I just got a SG Standard{new,awsome!}and wondered if theres a interval when to "lube" the tuning gears,as to not let them dry out,or whatever. Any info would be great,Thanks. S

You should not have to do this often. Maybe once a year at most. Big Bends Nut Sauce is a great lubricant that can be usede for tuning gears as well as all moving metal parts like bridge and nut and trem friction points. I swear by the stuff. A small tube will last a long time since you use such a small amount. Better than pencil graphite shavings by a long shot.

You should not have to do this often. Maybe once a year at most. Big Bends Nut Sauce is a great lubricant that can be usede for tuning gears as well as all moving metal parts like bridge and nut and trem friction points. I swear by the stuff. A small tube will last a long time since you use such a small amount. Better than pencil graphite shavings by a long shot. Alrighty then,,,yea I wouldnt ever use graphite,maybe on the nut slots for the strings,,but nowhere else. Thanks for the info,,,All the best. S

You should never have to lube sealed electric guitar tuners. I would read up on them to be sure, but 90% of them are sealed and lubed for life.

Archived