Gibson Brands Forums

LP Tribute 60's or LP Tribute Plus?

Oldguy101

I have an opportunity to buy a new cherry burst Epiphone LP Tribute 60s (new old stock) or an LP Tribute Plus for the same price. From what I've read, the only difference is the flame top on the Plus.. So, if that's true, it comes down to personal preference between the plain top or the flamed top... Any opinions on which to choose or whether there are any other differences between the two?

Well, I got mine as the plain top.

I love the different colours offered in the Tribute+ series, however, I still love my plain top very much! Either one, you'll love them, it the best LP Epi has to offer in recent years. Trust me, you won't regret!

Here are some pics, hope it helps

PhotoCap_013.jpg

PhotoCap_001.jpg

I have an opportunity to buy a new cherry burst Epiphone LP Tribute 60s (new old stock) or an LP Tribute Plus for the same price. From what I've read, the only difference is the flame top on the Plus.. So, if that's true, it comes down to personal preference between the plain top or the flamed top... Any opinions on which to choose or whether there are any other differences between the two?

Flame top DOES look nice, especially Midnight Ebony...

DSCN0081.jpg

Like you said, though, personal preference is what it comes down to.. I don't think you'll be disappointed in either one. Cheers!

If it's only cosmetic issues, I wouldn't worry too much about it,

as the quality of the guitar worth a whole lot more. Both guitar has the same hardware and pups. It's only the tops that differentiates them.

If it's plain top, I might choose Trans black, like the one I have.

If it's the flame top, I'll definitely go for the dark cherry colour.

Seen quite a few of them posting in forums lately, and it's killing me!!

Kinda GASing for one, but couldn't really justify to buy another.

If it's only cosmetic issues, I wouldn't worry too much about it,

as the quality of the guitar worth a whole lot more. Both guitar has the same hardware and pups. It's only the tops that differentiates them.

If it's plain top, I might choose Trans black, like the one I have.

If it's the flame top, I'll definitely go for the dark cherry colour.

Seen quite a few of them posting in forums lately, and it's killing me!!

Kinda GASing for one, but couldn't really justify to buy another.

Personally, I'd go plaintop. Don't get me wrong I love a pretty figured top, but these days every cheap no-name guitar under the sun has a quilt or flame top and to me it's just kind of played out. They all look the same. To me a nice plaintop is much classier.

Even got rid of the wine red flametop in my avatar...got a tobacco burst plaintop now and love it.

• 1 month later...

Archived