Gibson Brands Forums

Inspired by Texan '64

MorrisrownSal

I just traded the BG40 I picked up used off this forum at a local Sam Ash for an Epiphone Inspired By '64 Texan. The Bluerdige didnt quite do it for me. I tried changing the pickup which definitely helped, but a rare free Saturday afternoon had me browsing through the local big box stores. This natural finish IB Texan did not have a pickguard, so I am guessing that they sold it to someone who removed it, and then ended up returning it. I can barely make out the pickguard shadow.

Regardless, it sounds pretty good, and the Nanoflex pickup sounds much better than any other UST I have ever played. It has a soundhole preamp instead of barn-door electronics, which I prefer. The action is great, as is the intonation. Anyone here have this model? Here is a picture:

EpiphoneIB64Texan.jpg

Here's a shot of me and mine, got it new in 2011. Best acoustic guitar I've ever owned! I've put a lot of miles on it so it needs a fret-job and could stand some new tuners as well but it sounds so good. I tried out every guitar in the store (also Sam Ash) in that price range and this one just stood out, I spent 2 or 3 hour's comparing them all and this one was the clear winner! I even liked it better then the Epiphone Masterbilt's that where in the store at the time. It has started to mellow in the past few month's and sounding great! I've owned a Guitar Center DX Martin, a few Yamaha's and Takamine's, Ibanez and some other cheaper guitar's over the years and they don't measure up to this one. I have played better guitars before but not been able to own one.

NewEpiphone1.jpg

Here's a shot of me and mine, got it new in 2011. Best acoustic guitar I've ever owned! I've put a lot of miles on it so it needs a fret-job and could stand some new tuners as well but it sounds so good. I tried out every guitar in the store (also Sam Ash) in that price range and this one just stood out, I spent 2 or 3 hour's comparing them all and this one was the clear winner! I even liked it better then the Epiphone Masterbilt's that where in the store at the time. It has started to mellow in the past few month's and sounding great! I've owned a Guitar Center DX Martin, a few Yamaha's and Takamine's, Ibanez and some other cheaper guitar's over the years and they don't measure up to this one. I have played better guitars before but not been able to own one.

NewEpiphone1.jpg

IB is OK,Macca much better.Dove is good,but I've been told not to sell my BR40 as it's better than any of them!

Archived