Gibson Brands Forums

SJ-200 and LG-0 in the house... (some pics)

pit_s_xroad

Hi there... :thumb:

3 months ago I stepped into the Gibson-Acoustic world with this SJ-200 Modern Classic in vintage sunburst...

l_eef0cb451dde15104f78b664a94d3421.jpg

l_4218cfe8f60a57921ec0895417737809.jpg

l_c474be481ec8d0a3480fbe3f18746df7.jpg

and I just recently got (traded a VOX AC30 for it) this believed to be a 59 "LG-0... the entire guitar is high gloss refinished, soundhole ring has been added and the tuners are replacements...

l_f477e159badf6c5c8d35bc4ca6795487.jpg

l_63b45a16133b4350a8a5e1a4a2e9cbfd.jpg

l_48cbd9fa8b3f4491b16658acca7ab499.jpg

PIT... :-({|=

...thanks...

...and it sounds lovely... it's light and it's got the fastest direct response I have ever expierienced on any acoustic... a really cool blues-box...

the neck is pretty narrow but I get used to it pretty well... the sound is it worth... :)

PIT... :-k

Pit....I must say, those are two very nice steps into the Gibson world. Where did you find such nice guitars in Germany? According to our Brit friends, Gibsons are pretty hard to find in Europe???? I'll bet the LG really sounds warm and sweet with the all Mahogany body....any chance you could get some sound samples on Youtube????

Pit....I must say' date=' those are two very nice steps into the Gibson world. Where did you find such nice guitars in Germany? According to our Brit friends, Gibsons are pretty hard to find in Europe???? I'll bet the LG really sounds warm and sweet with the all Mahogany body....any chance you could get some sound samples on Youtube????[/quote']

Hi,

in Germany one can get a lot of Gibsons. I got an R9 and an ES-335 there as well. It's not that hard... for instance here... GUITARPOINT... my favourite shop with lots of Gibson guitars... a shop near my hometown...

However I have heard about the trouble in Britain as well...

I have recorded a quick-clip with my digi-cam... click

and

is one of the SJ-200...

these two Guitars couldn't be more different...

Cheers

PIT...

Archived