Gibson Brands Forums

My Gibson Trini Lopez 1967

Jaco

Cool looking Trini [thumbup] I am on the fence about these models aesthetically! Kind of like the Firebird....New territory for Gibson. I love the burgundy mist finish.

I agree. Even if it isn't necessarily my cup of tea, that is one unique (or at least very unusual) combination of model and color. Nice to have something that almost nobody else has. Sounds good, too. [thumbup]

Cool looking Trini [thumbup] I am on the fence about these models aesthetically! Kind of like the Firebird....New territory for Gibson. I love the burgundy mist finish. Would love to have an ES-330 in that color [smile]

I agree. Even if it isn't necessarily my cup of tea, that is one unique (or at least very unusual) combination of model and color. Nice to have something that almost nobody else has. Sounds good, too. [thumbup]

Definitely guys! It's a unique piece and indeed a combination of models like the Firebird and 335,

IMO the head shape gives it more edge to the tone, it's like the bad girl of a 335 familiy [tongue]

I'll upload some more sound samples of it with OD , and I recommend trying one if you cross it sometime...

• 3 weeks later...

For some time now I wanna sit down and do this sound sample.

My favorite guitar of all - my '67 Trini Lopez in Burgundy Mist.

Any others here play Trini? Isn't it a great guitar?

I played a Trini once in a store locally, and I left it there to "think it over". I went back the next day and it was gone. I kicked myself often because I lost one of the nicest 335 type guitars I ever played. Since then I ogle them on Ebay... someday... :-)

Archived