Gibson Brands Forums

2002 Gibson Western Classic J 200

JuanCarlosVejar

Sounds great, as does the salesman's hybrid Lancashire/US accent. 5K too much for me, though.

I thought he sounded half border-Scottish with a tinge of that west country farmers accent a lot of folk from Bristol have. He's like the guitar version of Captain Birdseye, Oh-aaaarghhh. I think it might be his 'The Edge' hat that really turns the trick for me though, a man of his age...

Sold mine a few months back to a fellow in Thailand. Great guitar but I was jones-ing for a J200TV. Wish I could've kept both.

Hi.Further on up the road..Do you like the TV more than the Rosewood guitar?

At that price maybe its a new one cause Ive seen these at $4k and they sit at that price.

Hi.Further on up the road..Do you like the TV more than the Rosewood guitar?

At that price maybe its a new one cause Ive seen these at $4k and they sit at that price.

Well, sonically, they are apples and oranges. Rosewood vs maple. I love the appointments of the traditional J200 and that played a role in the decision. As it turned out I wound up with a great one in every respect. At the time I decided to sell I had rosewood covered in the collection but no maple. So, I don't regret my choice but would love to be able to have room in the budget to afford both.

Well, sonically, they are apples and oranges. Rosewood vs maple. I love the appointments of the traditional J200 and that played a role in the decision. As it turned out I wound up with a great one in every respect. At the time I decided to sell I had rosewood covered in the collection but no maple. So, I don't regret my choice but would love to be able to have room in the budget to afford both.

If you only had the choice of one or the other and it was the only guitar you have which would you select.Thanks

Archived