Gibson Brands Forums

Has anybody tried the Les Paul with an Egnator Rebel 20?

Guitarooster52

I'm interested in what this amp is like. I'm guessing its a Class AB because you can mix the two sets of tubes? I'd really like a lower power Class A, but the idea of being able to go from American to British sound is interesting as is being able to dial in the power. Thing is that it has to sound good with the Les Paul. Seems most amps handle single coil guitars but humbuckers are a different story. My musical tastes are Blues and Classic Rock.

i went to GC on Black Friday with the intention of buying one. Decent amp for its pricepoint. no effects loop though.

the wattage control doesnt make any real difference unless the amp is cranked, at a loud store/indoor level not so much. the tube selector is an interesting idea for sure, good variety of sounds in there...i didnt really have time to dink with it. and i didnt end up buying it; there wasn't a "WOW I HAVE TO HAVE THIS" moment. i may go back and play it some more.

i went to GC on Black Friday with the intention of buying one. Decent amp for its pricepoint. no effects loop though.

the wattage control doesnt make any real difference unless the amp is cranked' date=' at a loud store/indoor level not so much. the tube selector is an interesting idea for sure, good variety of sounds in there...i didnt really have time to dink with it. and i didnt end up buying it; there wasn't a "WOW I HAVE TO HAVE THIS" moment. i may go back and play it some more.[/quote']

I wrote this e-mail to Egnator:

Hi, I am interested in the Rebel 20 but I have a couple of questions.... Seems everyone comments about the fact that there in no FX loop on the amp and not even a built in reverb... Everyone seems to like the idea of mixing the two types of tubes and the variable wattage though. Why didn't you guys build this amp with a FX loop? What do you suggest is the best way to run FX with this amp?

Thanks, Dave

This was the answer I got:

Dave,

The Rebel does have a loop. You are correct that there is no reverb.

Simple was not enough room in this small package.

Jeff Hilligan

EHMP, LLC

3833 W. 12 Mile Rd

248-541-9100

Berkley, MI 48072

Archived