Gibson Brands Forums

Deep Purple early concert...

daveinspain

Deep Purple are deadly-I still love the sound of that old B-3 rattling the old Leslie cabinets from being so loud.

DP is and always was one of my fave bands. From the time I first saw them with Simper on bass (Tetragrammaton label) to the last time with their Machine head tour. The B3 and Blackmore made an excellent combination I haven't heard before or since.

If you like Deep Purple you'll love the Masters of Reality album named appropriately Masters of Reality.If you can imagine what Cream,Uriah Heap,and Deep Purple would sound like if they formed a Supergroup these guys fill that description.There is a song on the album called "The Blue Garden" that sounds so much like these 3 groups combined that it's clearly obvious,the lead singer sounds just like Jack Bruce.The Cream influence was clear to me the first time that I heard "The Blue Garden" and I found out much later that their fill in drummer is none other than Ginger Baker.A buddy of mine got the CD downloaded free from a site called Pirate Bay or something like that.BTW the lead guitarist is wickedly great.

Archived