Gibson Brands Forums

HNGD EL-00 Pro

maniak

I know i need a pic, and i got one too but photobucket is not behaving for me right now and i need to talk about this NOW!!!Due to unfortunate chain of events which maybe we will talk about another time ,i found myself needing a new acoustic axe for an upcoming gig.So ,,off to my local guitar shop i went. I am lucky enough to have an incredible shop quite close to me that i have been doing biz with for over 30 plus years.Well as usual,they did not disappoint,Somehow ,,out of a room full of acoustic and acoustic /electrics and i do mean FULL,,we're talkin Martins,,Taylors,Gibsons ,Fenders ,Ibanezes etc,,this little El-00 called to me.I mean it literally just said "play me" so ,,,i did and Holy Smokes,,i was knocked out. The sound from this little terrror is just astounding,,just so tight, clean, and downright punchy.and the neck is sooooo comfortable that i felt like Id been playing it forever,,no getting aquainted period required thank you. Anyway needless to say ,,i am very happy with this little gem , And my psrtner in crime who i will be gigging with wound up buying a Dove pro the same day so,,this weekend we get to gig with 2 brand new Epiphones (by the way ,,,the Dove pro is amazing as well)

Good to hear happy stuff. It took a while for my EL00 to open up but now its great.

Had a tusq saddle installed and tightly fitted a folk/classical case. It is a real pleasure

to play. The volume that it has is unreal for a small box.

Had an Epi Dove couple of years ago. Health problems forced me away from dreadnaughts

and jumbos. The sound was fantastic. I hear it occasionally from one of our jam members.

Both guitars are well worth their price. I'm sure you will enjoy them both.

Best thing they did with the EL-00 was changing the nut width to 1.68. Now the Pro verison is a very finger friendly guitar.

Faded...

I hadn't noticed that in the specs. Thanks for the info. I know that a lot of owners of the older models cut new nuts to expand the string spacing. Good to see Epi took that into consideration.

Red 333

Played a gig this past Saturday nite with the this little badass with my partner playing his new Dove Pro as well. Had a great time and i think we both played rather well to (always a plus) Both guitars sounded great and after a 1 1/2 hour show ,,my hand wasnt even tired,,,Think I'll keep her

Archived