Gibson Brands Forums

Antique Acoustics bridge pin size for newer J-45?

slimjw

You need to measure what you have, and compare that to the dimensions given here, assuming the pins currently in the guitars fit properly. The dimension of these just under the skirt translates into .22", which Bob Colosi calls size 2A. It is one of the most common Gibson sizes, but not all Gibson pins are all exactly the same size. This is the largest of the common Gibson sizes.

If the ones you have fit well, measure the pin diameter just under the skirt with a digital caliper. Measure all six on any guitar, and take the average of the six for that guitar.

Thanks for the replies. I just have the stock pins in my TV and some All-Parts bone pins in the Standard. Both fit fine. Sounds like .22 is what would work if that is what the stock plastic pins measure. All three of my Gibson acoustics came with the same size pins so I'm assuming they are pretty standard.

I'm looking to order some of the Antique Acoustics bridge pins for my 2006 J-45 and TV J-45 and wondering if the ones on Elderly will fit without any sort of bridge or pin alteration. Here's a link: Antique Acoustics Bridge Pins

Can anyone comment on whether these will work?

I have some of their pins in my '46 LG-2, but have no idea whether they would fit a modern guitar. Why not just email them and ask? Antique Acoustics contact page

Fred

Archived