Gibson Brands Forums

Bigby Vibrato on LesPaul

QBDranem

• 2 weeks later...

B7 would be correct. The added zeros (B70 or B700 instead of B7) indicate a licensed 2nd party manufacturer or import, not an original Bigsby, but they would fit.

Regarding the Vibramate: The licensed/import Bigsby vibratos won't line up with a Vibramate - from their website "* Note: Vibramate V7 is designed for the Bigsby "Original" B7 Vibrato ONLY and will not work with other variations such as the 'Licensed' B70 Model or the Import B700 Model. Make sure you have the correct Bigsby Vibrato for proper installation of the Vibramate Kit!" This licensed/import fit issue has come up before.

B7 would be correct. The added zeros (B70 or B700 instead of B7) indicate a licensed 2nd party manufacturer or import, not an original Bigsby, but they would fit.

Regarding the Vibramate: The licensed/import Bigsby vibratos won't line up with a Vibramate - from their website "* Note: Vibramate V7 is designed for the Bigsby "Original" B7 Vibrato ONLY and will not work with other variations such as the 'Licensed' B70 Model or the Import B700 Model. Make sure you have the correct Bigsby Vibrato for proper installation of the Vibramate Kit!" This licensed/import fit issue has come up before.

Thanks Body.

After spot check, your right. The B-7 is the good one for a solid body like my Gold Top.

But what I like in your reply, it's the Vibraplate. That the really good idea to do a clean job.

And that's what I'll do! I'm ve [thumbup] ry happy.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Body.

After spot check, your right. The B-7 is the good one for a solid body like my Gold Top.

But what I like in your reply, it's the Vibraplate. That the really good idea to do a clean job.

And that's what I'll do! I'm ve [thumbup] ry happy.

I put a B7 via a Vibramate on my LP and love it. Check it out: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Victory-Guitar-Shop/278179168883771#!/media/set/?set=a.426275024074184.85961.278179168883771&type=1

VP

Archived