Gibson Brands Forums

virus alert

jefleppard

just a heads up, mostly for facebook users. watch out for the koobface virus. it comes in your mailbox looking like a video from a friend and then asks you to upgrade your flash player. then it destroys everything. delete it before you open it or there will be ugliness. gnashing of teeth and all that.....

Guest NattyBumppo
just a heads up' date=' mostly for facebook users. watch out for the koobface virus. it comes in your mailbox looking like a video from a friend and then asks you to upgrade your flash player. then it destroys everything. delete it before you open it or there will be ugliness. gnashing of teeth and all that..... [/quote']

Just got done rebuilding someone's PC from that very same virus. Nasty is an understatement. Basically requires a complete rebuild of the system.

Thanks for the tip Cunk! I will keep an eye open for it... (now if only my kids would heed warnings like that!)

Hey Cunk... are you a facebook user? Wanna be friends? PM me your information and I will look you up and add you as a friend if you want. Anyone else here use facebook and want to be friends, just PM me your information. I can always use new friends on there. My kids are kicking my butt in that catagory.

Archived