Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul 25/50 Anniversary

Stoopalini

I'm getting ready to catalog and sell a guitar collection for a friend, and thought you guys would appreciate a few of these.

1978 Gibson Les Paul 25/50 anniversary edition:

This one is beautiful! When I started playing it, the neck pickup wasn't functional. I tried to have it repaired, but these things are potted and really not worth the effort due to the lack-luster sound from them ... so I had them replaced with some Lindy Fralin Unbucker Humbuckers.

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

I even have the original case and all original documents from the purchase in 1978 from Ray Hennig's in Austin, TX ... as it's a one owner guitar.

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

Any idea what this would go for in the open market? I have the value from Blue Book of Electric Guitars, but I also know sometimes the blue book value can be over or under actual market value.

Any idea if these are in high demand, or is it just another common anniversary guitar?

Not sure Rod, 1st I think I'll ask around and see if any of my musician friends are interested in any of the collection (I have 9 here, and my friend tells me he has another 15 at a different location) then go Craig's List?. I'll certainly post the Gibson's on the marketplace forum here when we finally nail down prices ... if you're interested, I'm happy to provide 1st refusal?

Most of the collection are oddities in some way ... for example, one is a Hohner gold top Les Paul replica ... apparently, Gibson issued a cease and desist order on Hohner when they started making them, so it's rare? I don't think it holds much value though ... but it does look VERY nice :)

A couple Fenders (85-86 Japan Strat for ex), a 6121 Gretsch, something called a Galveston (never heard of those before, but it's a cool looking resonator guitar) etc ...

That's beautiful, with a nice top and the case in very good condition with the tags etc.....I'm in UK and over here there is a 25/50 on ebay for £2850 (GBP) which would be $4,503!! I would say a little over $3k is more like it if you want it to sell. Very nice indeed.

Archived