Gibson Brands Forums

Just got my first Gibson! A Folksinger F-25

Groove

I just got it off ebay for 700 bucks and it's in amazing shape. I just put a L.R. Baggs M1 Active pickup in it and have played two gigs with it. It's an amazing guitar for the price, just sold my Taylor to pay for it. Anyone else have one of these?

Yeah that was my main concern when I bought it, if it was going to be hard to play or not. But, partially because the neck is moved into the body and connects at the 12th fret, the tension is eased up a bit and to be honest i is super easy to play. I have average sized fingers, and as a gigging musician found it good enough to use as my primary guitar (I mean, I've only had it for about 3 weeks). I originally was going to just sell it (I got some good offers for it) and make twice my money, but it was just such a cool guitar, I couldn't do it.

YES! YES! I have one. I've had it since '82. I love it. I think it's the world's greatest guitar. I cannot say too much about it. I know it is at least as good or better than you say. Mine had the white "tap plates" removed and the top had been rather poorly refinished. I haven't chanaged that, I don't want to mess up a good thing. It may not look real nice, meaning like new, but I would not ever give it up. $700 is a great price, I've seen them for $1500. Also I may have seen yours on eBay last week. There were 2 of them.

Congratulations on getting a fabulous Gibson. I've been extolling this model for years and it's great to see someone else get one.

There's a singer-songwriter named Peter Yorn who, in an article I read , says he has one and likes the wide neck because it helps him pick out tunes.

Maybe us owners of these beauties should form a fraternal organization - cult - with our own handshake and secret language. We know that we have the superior guitar and that gives us the power.

There's a singer-songwriter named Peter Yorn who' date=' in an article I read , says he has one and likes the wide neck because it helps him pick out tunes.

Maybe us owners of these beauties should form a fraternal organization - cult - with our own handshake and secret language. We know that we have the superior guitar and that gives us the power.[/quote']

I yeah, I know who Pete Yorn is, didn't know he played one of these. Very cool. I don't know about a secret handshake, but I do know that this guitar makes me feel powerful.

Archived