Gibson Brands Forums

Model question

DC42

Hey...have a question for you.

Came up on this tight 50's band Johnny Carroll and The Hot Rocks. Had a guitar player named Jay Salam (the band name and player could be incorrect). The question is what brand Gibson is the lead guitarist playing in the photos attached? It appears to be some type of ES (175?) model but the body looks rather small and that is what's throwing me off (unless I need some new glasses). Screenie 1314 appears to show the Gibson logo at the top of the head stock. Again could be incorrect there as well.

Dave

post-40109-041110500 1360886826_thumb.jpg

post-40109-094724800 1360886883_thumb.jpg

Hey...have a question for you.

Came up on this tight 50's band Johnny Carroll and The Hot Rocks. Had a guitar player named Jay Salam (the band name and player could be incorrect). The question is what brand Gibson is the lead guitarist playing in the photos attached? It appears to be some type of ES (175?) model but the body looks rather small and that is what's throwing me off (unless I need some new glasses). Screenie 1314 appears to show the Gibson logo at the top of the head stock. Again could be incorrect there as well.

Dave

It's a chinese fake....

[flapper]

Funny that this should come up... the other night a movie with "The Band" was on. Robby Roberts (I think thats his name) was playing a double neck Gibson I've never seen before. I believe the top neck/instrument was a mandolin. The bottom instrument was a really slick little Gibson. Anybody know what model it was?? Maybe a one-of-a-kind custom made jobby?? Thanks for any info.

Archived