Gibson Brands Forums

Whats up with Desert Burst?

Keesee54

I've been drooling over a new Les Paul Plus Top Traditional Pro and I'd love to have it in Desert Burst. It is listed here as only being available at selected dealers, but I cannot find anyone who can order the guitar in that color. None of the mail outlets have access to it either.... What gives with this? If it's on the website, is it available?

Mark

Indianapolis

Well after a good degree of effort over the phone, I was successful in finding a Desert Burst thru my local GC dealer today. The sales guy told me they don't stock that color in stores and it needs to come from the warehouse distribution center. After some checking he told me they showed 67 available and I could either have it sent directly to th house or assign it to be picked up at the store. The guitar is priced at $499.00. I live in Indianapols and was assuming it would be coming from a distribution center located in Brownsburg Indiana which is about 15 miles northwest of Indy. The salesman says no, it's coming from Kansas City and I still ave to pay sales tax even tho it's technically an internet buy which would bring it to $527 or so.... The good news is that I was able to use the Presidents Day sale price and get 15% off which brought the final cost down to $453.84. I saved about $76.00 and I should have it Wednesday or Thursday. I asked about a return plicy in case there are any problems and he says all I would need to do is bring it to any store within 30 days. So far it's been a good day,,,!

Mark Keesee

Keesee, I got the same deal - Presidents Day sale. I got a honeyburst Standard Pro Plustop (with GT KillPots!) for $419 + tax. Gorgeous guitar and sounds fantastic.

I really can't tell the difference between the honeyburst and Desertburst, but I assume it's because all I've seen are internet-posted pics. I think both are beautiful guitars.

My new guitar and I are still "getting acquainted", but it's really starting to sound better and better. My wife says I look at that guitar like I used to look at her! I think she exaggerates...... [biggrin]

Keesee, I got the same deal - Presidents Day sale. I got a honeyburst Standard Pro Plustop (with GT KillPots!) for $419 + tax. Gorgeous guitar and sounds fantastic.

I really can't tell the difference between the honeyburst and Desertburst, but I assume it's because all I've seen are internet-posted pics. I think both are beautiful guitars.

My new guitar and I are still "getting acquainted", but it's really starting to sound better and better. My wife says I look at that guitar like I used to look at her! I think she exaggerates...... [biggrin]

Thanks for the comments, I already own a Honey Burst Plain top along with a Heritage Cherry Sunburst plain top. While I still like the looks of the HB color, I really flipped over the Iced Tea and Desert burst. They both have more of a rich Golden Brown flavor that fall a lot closer to the 1959's. the Honey burst is a very hard color to film, but it looks like wet Butterscotch candy in real life. I've banged on quite a few at Guitar Center the last few months with the coil tapped pickups and that is what really clinched it. I recently sold a very nice Peerless 335 copy, so this guitar is basically free. The guitar is due for delivery by Thursday or so, and I'll get some pics soon as possible along side the HB for comparisian. I just need to figure out why Photobucket won't allow my to post from my account. If you haven't checked it out, I'd recommend you take a look at the LP cases from Rondo Music. These are the people who distribute the Agile brand of LP's. At any rate, I bought one of the Dougsal cases in Brown and it is by far the best case I've seen. It' actually a gorgous Oxblood color on the outside with a very nice Burgandy interior. Everyone I've shown it to has raved about it. They run about $78.00 shipped and definitely cheaper than Epiphone logo cases!

Mark Keesee

Archived