Gibson Brands Forums

HGD!! Les Paul jr Special

Metalrulez

Yesterday the brown truck delivered a Gibson Les Paul Junior Special with humbuckers to my home. What a kickass guitar! There are no flaws in the satin black finish.The neck binding is perfect and the setup is good right out of the box. The Pickups sound good but I am going to steal the Wolfetone Marshallhead from my studio and implant it into this monster and give it a spin. Kudos Gibson for making great affordable guitars in America.

321_zps7fec3d62.jpg

Yesterday the brown truck delivered a Gibson Les Paul Junior Special with humbuckers to my home. What a kickass guitar! There are no flaws in the satin black finish.The neck binding is perfect and the setup is good right out of the box. The Pickups sound good but I am going to steal the Wolfetone Marshallhead from my studio and implant it into this monster and give it a spin. Kudos Gibson for making great affordable guitars in America.

Congrats! These are great guitars. As I said on the gear page forum... I own the p90 and the humbucker versions and love their tone and playability. The p90 guitar was perfect out of the box. The bucker needed a setup but that's usually normal with any guitar purchase. I'll reiterate your sentiment... Kudos Gibson for making such a great and affordable American made guitar.

It's my understanding that these are discontinued. That's a real shame! The bound fretboard really adds value to the junior special. I absolutely LOVE the baked maple fretboard. It plays and feels like ebony (which i very much prefer over rosewood). Too bad they've stopped using it. Are you listening Gibson?

After an amazing run of good luck with guitar purchases in 2012,

I decided to go cold turkey in 2013 & save for retirement.

But on December 28, I managed to squeeze one more guitar in under the wire:

A P90 equipped Special in gloss heritage cherry.

I agreed, the bound baked maple fretboard is sweet.

And at the sale price, it's a best buy for sure.

• 3 months later...

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHERE I CAN BUY A GIBSON LES PAUL JUNIOR SPECIAL IN EBONY SATIN WITH THE 2 P90 PICK-UPS? SAM ASH HAS THEM ON FOR $599, but after going through the PayPal process, it says they won't deliver to Canada. Blow me dry and call me dusty then.

Archived