Gibson Brands Forums

Details about my Hummingbird

Flamed Froggy

I've got my Hummingbird today I bought it in a french store in Paris but there's something strange about back of the headstock. It's very hard to read serial number and "Made In USA". Is it normal ? Some people could think that it's a fake. All your acoustic model have very very light digits and letters ? Could you tell me more about my guitars. Its number is : 01138036. Is it a VOS model ? I ordered it as a True Vintage but I'm surprised because I have been thinking that those models had a Custom Shop Logo or something else to proove that it's a TV model. Anyway, I think that it's a TV model because there's no preamp.

if it has an orange label inside the guitar, no pickup and 'Hummingbird' written on the truss rod cover, it's a TV! Congrats on what sounds like a lovely guitar. The 'Made In USA' stamp on the back of the headstock of my Hummingbird is fairly faint, and on my SJ200 it is nigh-on invisible. Nothing to worry about I am sure.

don't know if this is indicative of all TV guitars or not but i've got a J-45TV and it's got nothing on the back of the headstock (smooth and blank). The model name on the orange label indicates: "J-45" (no mention of TV). The sticker contains the serial number and it's also imprinted on the inside of the guitar on the neck joint block (visible when you look in the sound hole.)

No electronics, blank truss rod cover. It's a TV special or something. it's got red spruce top. Gibson's checking the all of the actual details on it now for me, but my understanding is that it's part of the true vintage series. Sounds and plays great!

FFroggy-Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but the first and fifth number of your serial # indicates the year, '08, and I believe it was made on the 113th day of 2008 and was the 36th guitar finished that day. I know I have the year correct! Sounds like a nice guitar.

Archived