Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Got IT Right!

rayz

Guest Farnsbarns

Glad you're happy but just to be clear, a few people have commented that Gibson has had QC issues, usually with anecdotal evidence based on 1 or 2 guitars. Most people on here believe that Gibson's QC is fine. Sure, like all companies there are a few isolated incidents of bad QC but no reason at all to believe there are systemic failings.

Every opinion is valid but to say we all have commented on poor QC is one hell of a leap.

It's always nice to see the kudos'.

I agree with Farns for the most part. However my last purchase was my 2012 (March 2012) Traditional Mahogany and it looks like a 2nd grader scraped the binding. Now I didn't return or even claim warranty because this guitar is sounds and feels great. I'm not "complaining" about it as it's my choice to keep it as is. I don't want to send it in and have the mojo let out. I've seen more than a "few" Les Pauls with QC issues in my travels throughout the USA over the last few years. I personally think it's because of the raid trying to recoup what they lost. That being said within the last few months I haven't seen as many except for my Traditional (made early in the year). I've purchased a new Les Paul plus a few extra every year since 2009 and 1 out of 7 isn't bad odds. No big company is perfect and I do expect to see bad QC once and a while.

BTW where's the pictures of your 2013 Traditional?

Guest Farnsbarns

I wonder what happened.

It's strange. His OP was kinda reasonable except he said everyone on here has commented about Gibson's poor QC. I just wanted to be clear that the majority seem to believe otherwise. He was commenting that he is really happy with his latest purchase, which is cool. You can see my reply, not to antagonistic. His response was a bit moody, making out that I had been pedantic but I could live with that and chose not to respond. Next thing I know he deleted both his posts.

Archived