Gibson Brands Forums

Ebay trusted sellers database

Guitar slinger

Hey guys, what if we all colected our info on people from who we bought some stuff on ebay and posted it so everyone in the forum could see? People would also be able too see if there's anyone in the forum who has something to say about the person they are negotiating with.

I don't know jack about computers database or that sort of stuff, It's not my job anyway. But we could place the name of the guy, what we bought from him, and how we qualified him and how he qualified us.

Don't know if this can be done or what. I just think it seems useful to me.

How does that sound to you guys?

I'll start, then.

I only negotiated with two people on ebay so far. One of them was "guitarczar". The guy is AWESOME. Here is a debriefing:

I had no feedback on ebay. Not a single one. And as you can see, I live in Brazil - most people on ebay only ships inside US ok? It sucks. And I bidded (within 4 seconds to end the auction) on this lovely jangling noise machine called SG. A VOS Custom Shop. An expensive guitars in all Brazilian standards - and in a lot of US too, i guess. I could only pay with Amex. First I had to call him in the US (expensive call) to give him my card info, since he believed that e-mail was not safe. The guy told me that he needed to confirm that it was not a stolen card or something, so he had the whole guitar charge divided into three non equal values. And I was supposed to tell him how much the 3 values were - and e-mail was ok for that purpose. He said that since paypal would take long to confirm my card, that was the best way, because i was very green to this whole ebay thing. The amex took days before was charged and I could look the 3 charges online. Then I gave him the numbers and he shipped it right away for me =)

That's my standard for a honest, prompt, compromised and trustworthy seller. And my standard for a happy negotiation, since I paid U$2,150.00 for a brand new Gibson SG 61 historic Reissue VOS that costs $3,099.00 on Guitar Center. Sure, I have no warranty or stuff. But, HEY, here she is! =DDDD

What you guys think?

I don't have a problem with people who use email accounts like Gmail and Yahoo. I use Gmail myself and the reason for that is because if I change ISPs, I don't have to go through the hassle of changing my email address in every single place where I use it... like this message board.

As for ads having the same look to them, it's probably for efficiency if he sells a lot of products. Why come up with a new design and language (disclaimers, payment info, etc.) every time you sell something? If it works, stick with it.

Really, the best thing to do is look at a seller's feedback.

Archived