Origin Effects These are two very nice pedals

#1 User is offline   Californiaman 

• MVP
  • Group: Members
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:41 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=DGHPVkVdyy4

Check this video out.
These are two very expressive pedals. I wouldn't mind adding both of them to my pedal board.
1987 Alembic Five-String Spoiler Bass
1988 Gibson ES-175
2006 Fender Diamond Anniversary Telecaster
2008 Fender American Vintage '62 Telecaster Custom
1988 Gallien-Krueger 800RB
2001 Fender Custom Shop Master Built Two-Tone Amplifier
2006 Gibson Goldtone Les Paul Jr. GA-5
2007 Fender "The '57 Limited Edition Deluxe Amplifier" Only 300 made for the world.

Signal Chain: Thomas Organ Cry Baby Way, Fulltone MDV-2, Fulltone '69 Slight Return, Home Brew Electronics Ultimate Fuzz Octave, Electro Harmonix Germanium 4,
Fulltone PlimSoul, Way Huge Green Rhino, MXR EVH 117 Flanger, Maxon AD 999 Analog Delay.

"We're all playing the same 12 notes. After that, it's what's inside that counts," Joe Satriani.

"If you don't sing, you better have a van, because that's the only way you're going to get a gig." Jimmie Vaughan.

"...Teles and Big Muffs go together like ham and cheese," Gearmanndude.

"If you're going to play the damn thing, play it like it's never been played beforeóor don't play it at all," Buddy Guy.

"See, a lot of cats don't work on the rhythm enough, and if you don't have rhythm, you might as well take up needlepoint or something," Prince.

"A pop star's career lasts for 18 months, but a musician's career lasts a life time," Peter Frampton.

"When I was touring with Neil Young, I got the best schooling ever on guitars and tone. He taught me that basically if you donít have tone, you might as well go home," Mike Ness from Social Distortion.

"To be honest, looking at your pic for about 18 months (I downloaded it, very good shot apart from also being a beautiful guitar) was one BIG reason for me getting it. I thought "I MUST have one of those before it's too late," Gibson Forums Member.

"It's all about feel, passion, and emotionómoving people with the guitar," Kenny Wayne Shepherd.

#2 User is offline   surfpup 

• Advanced Member

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:16 PM

View PostCaliforniaman, on 26 August 2014 - 04:41 PM, said:

Check this video out.
These are two very expressive pedals. I wouldn't mind adding both of them to my pedal board.

I don't know why none of my youtube video posts aren't showing up.
Anybody want to help me out here?

Fixed
Posted Image

"Golf is for people who can't surf"

#3 User is offline   surfpup 

• Advanced Member

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:32 PM

That Slide Rig sounds great. Never understood how Lowell George got such sustain from a clean slide sound. Now I know - two compressors. Makes sense. [thumbup]
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Californiaman 

• MVP
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:46 PM

View Postsurfpup, on 26 August 2014 - 05:32 PM, said:

That Slide Rig sounds great. Never understood how Lowell George got such sustain from a clean slide sound. Now I know - two compressors. Makes sense. [thumbup]

Some of the Slide Rig demos I've seen are very good.
I would love to have either or both of them.
Great sustain from both.
The ES-335 parts in the Cali76 demo are killer!
1988 Gibson ES-175
2007 Fender "The '57 Limited Edition Deluxe Amplifier" Only 300 made for the world.

Signal Chain: Thomas Organ Cry Baby Way, Fulltone MDV-2, Fulltone '69 Slight Return, Home Brew Electronics Ultimate Fuzz Octave, Electro Harmonix Germanium 4,
Fulltone PlimSoul, Way Huge Green Rhino, MXR EVH 117 Flanger, Maxon AD 999 Analog Delay.

"We're all playing the same 12 notes. After that, it's what's inside that counts," Joe Satriani.

"If you don't sing, you better have a van, because that's the only way you're going to get a gig." Jimmie Vaughan.

"If you're going to play the damn thing, play it like it's never been played beforeóor don't play it at all," Buddy Guy.

"See, a lot of cats don't work on the rhythm enough, and if you don't have rhythm, you might as well take up needlepoint or something," Prince.

"A pop star's career lasts for 18 months, but a musician's career lasts a life time," Peter Frampton.

"When I was touring with Neil Young, I got the best schooling ever on guitars and tone. He taught me that basically if you donít have tone, you might as well go home," Mike Ness from Social Distortion.

"To be honest, looking at your pic for about 18 months (I downloaded it, very good shot apart from also being a beautiful guitar) was one BIG reason for me getting it. I thought "I MUST have one of those before it's too late," Gibson Forums Member.

"It's all about feel, passion, and emotionómoving people with the guitar," Kenny Wayne Shepherd.

#5 User is offline   surfpup 

• Advanced Member

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:01 PM

Since the Slide Rig is two compressors, I'd imagine you could get the Cali76 sounds with the first one on and then add the second for the more extreme slide compression.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Californiaman 

• MVP
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:10 PM

Pete Thorn's new studio is super cool.
Look at all his gear. I'm sure there's more demos out there featuring all kind of cool guitar stuff.
The amps tucked away on the shelves are top-knotch. Friedman, Kelley, Fender Baseman, Suhr.
I listened to the slide stuff and agree with Pete, "This thing actually makes me want to go and practice it sounds so fantastic..."
1988 Gibson ES-175

#7 User is offline   Ryan H 

• Advanced Member

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:22 PM

Californiaman, on 26 August 2014 - 06:10 PM, said:

Pete Thorn's new studio is super cool.
Look at all his gear. I'm sure there's more demos out there featuring all kind of cool guitar stuff.
The amps tucked away on the shelves are top-knotch. Friedman, Kelley, Fender Baseman, Suhr.
I listened to the slide stuff and agree with Pete, "This thing actually makes me want to go and practice it sounds so fantastic..."

Been a subscriber to Pete's Youtube channel for over a year. The guy makes, in my opinion, the best gear demonstrations, period. Just the right amount of talking, uses lots of different guitars and amps to showcase the pedal, shows "real world applications" rather than just "turn this knob all the way down...now middle..now all the way up...", and his playing is phenomenal. He also writes a song for every piece of gear he demos, which you hear at the beginning of each video. That takes skill.

-Ryan

#8 User is offline   Californiaman 

• MVP
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:27 PM

View PostRyan H, on 26 August 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

Been a subscriber to Pete's Youtube channel for over a year. The guy makes, in my opinion, the best gear demonstrations, period. Just the right amount of talking, uses lots of different guitars and amps to showcase the pedal, shows "real world applications" rather than just "turn this knob all the way down...now middle..now all the way up...", and his playing is phenomenal. He also writes a song for every piece of gear he demos, which you hear at the beginning of each video. That takes skill.

-Ryan

Yes, I agree, very good demos. I think I first noticed with his Carl Martin pedal demos.
I think I even saw a Friedman Browneye demo once.
He's good and very blessed to be doing what he's doing.
1988 Gibson ES-175

#9 User is offline   Searcy 

• Advanced Member
  • LocationNashville

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:14 PM

Man, that sounds fantastic! I wonder how well it works on bass.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users