Gibson Brands Forums

For J45Nick - Would this work with a Gibson Acoustic Soundtrack?

MorrisrownSal

Well, yes, I believe it might, although this is a long way from the type of sailing you think of when you hear Stephen Stills singing "Southern Cross".

For comparison, these are the type of boats I worked with for the last four years. At about 1:40 and later in the video, you get a fairly decent feel for the noise and feeling of speed onboard. The fastest I have sailed on one (in my role as a race manager) is 45 knots, or about 52 mph (about 83 km/hour). They have reached speeds of 50 knots. The new, smaller AC boats will be about the same speed. Not relaxing, but very exciting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6dnOlE9sjk

Phew!

Great footage!

Too much Red Bull and death metal soundtrack this early in the morning (for Me)...

Here is Southern Cross, put the feets up, strum the carbon fibre geetar a few licks, have a bourbon and beer chaser or a cup of tea:

BluesKing777.

Phew!

Great footage!

Too much Red Bull and death metal soundtrack this early in the morning (for Me)...

Here is Southern Cross, put the feets up, strum the carbon fibre geetar a few licks, have a bourbon and beer chaser or a cup of tea:

BluesKing777.

Crosby and Stills were both pretty serious sailors for many years. Crosby had a big, beautiful Alden schooner for a long, long time.

Most of the kids on the AC foiling catamarans have probably never even heard "Southern Cross". Their loss.

That video is edited together from a lot of different training sessions. I can't figure out if the guy in the white helmet all by himself on the starboard side at around 1:50 is me or not. That is certainly the kit I wear on that boat, and he's sitting where I sit, and holding onto the trampoline for dear life just like I do. Unfortunately, those boats will almost certainly never race again. They were freakin' awesome, and I was thrilled to be one of the very few "civilians" to ever sail aboard one.

It has about as much to do with "normal" sailing as riding a roller coaster does with being launched into space.

Most of the kids on the AC foiling catamarans have probably never even heard "Southern Cross". Their loss.

It has about as much to do with "normal" sailing as riding a roller coaster does with being launched into space.

I can certainly agree with that [thumbup]

Archived