Gibson Brands Forums

Which Marshall amp should I go for?

Pesh

Hi guys; looking for a bit of feedback.

My current amp is on its' last legs, I feel. It's done well for a £20 buy from eBay, but I'm now on the lookout for a new one.

As such I've been scouring eBay the last week, and I've found a few combos I like the look of.

The four I've got my eye on are:

Marshall Haze 40

Marshall JTM60 (model 615)

Marshall JCM600 (model 602)

Marshall JCM800 (model 4210)

I'm wondering if anyone has any of these amps, and if they can provide some feedback as to whether I should go for, or avoid, any particular amplifier. I've read reviews on all, but I thought some feedback from my friends here might have further value.

My current favourite is the JCM600, but I'm open to being swayed on my choice.

I've put a poll up if there's a large response to this, which I'm hoping for.

Thanks folks!

I have a JTM622 (60 watt 2x12 - I pair it with the JTM212C extension cab.)

It's a great sounding amp, but if you're looking for the classic marshall THUMP, may not find it here.

these are a bit more rounded out in terms of how they sound, you wont get that thunderous bottom end like you would a 800 with the closed cab setups.

I love mine, I've had it since 96, been very reliable. my main gig-rig.

I have a JTM622 (60 watt 2x12 - I pair it with the JTM212C extension cab.)

It's a great sounding amp, but if you're looking for the classic marshall THUMP, may not find it here.

these are a bit more rounded out in terms of how they sound, you wont get that thunderous bottom end like you would a 800 with the closed cab setups.

I love mine, I've had it since 96, been very reliable. my main gig-rig.

What kind of sound does your Marshall produce? Is it good for the bluesy rock sort of stuff?

yes, absolutely.

if you want to hear a bit of what it can do here's my soundcloud link where this amp was used.

Give a listen to any of the four Elixr songs, that will give you a real good idea of what I was able to do with this amp. all recorded with the JTM622

Archived