Gibson Brands Forums

Here's One For All You Wildlife Lovers!

Digger

Digger, if you want really freak these folks out, tell 'em a bit more about the huntsman.

If I recall correctly, the huntsman doesn't spin a web to trap its prey, it lurks in the dark, like the corner of your wall and ceiling and then POUNCES on whatever the thing chooses for its meal.

And that guy is nothing compared to the stuff you find up north in the rain forests of Queenland. I remember coming across one in the middle of the night that spin a web made of thick cable. The body of the sucker alone was in memory about three or four inches across, and that's no lie!

And the redback, don't get me started on the redback!

And yeah, Vegemite may LOOK real good, but don't ever, but never sniff or taste the stuff!

Digger, if you want really freak these folks out, tell 'em a bit more about the huntsman.

If I recall correctly, the huntsman doesn't spin a web to trap its prey, it lurks in the dark, like the corner of your wall and ceiling and then POUNCES on whatever the thing chooses for its meal.

And that guy is nothing compared to the stuff you find up north in the rain forests of Queenland. I remember coming across one in the middle of the night that spin a web made of thick cable. The body of the sucker alone was in memory about three or four inches across, and that's no lie!

And the redback, don't get me started on the redback!

And yeah, Vegemite may LOOK real good, but don't ever, but never sniff or taste the stuff!

Huntsman are nice spiders! I dont mind the in the house at all, but I do object to Redbacks under my pillow though.

Now you were doing so well until you spoke about Vegemite.....manna from the Gods!

Archived