Gibson Guitar Board: Bare Knuckle Pickups? Miracle Man Bridge? - Gibson Guitar Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Bare Knuckle Pickups? Miracle Man Bridge? Anybody have anything to say about Bare Knuckle Pickups?

#1 User is offline   scottpaine_69 

• Scotty V.
  • Group: Members
  • LocationNew Martinsville West Virginia

Posted 13 November 2017 - 07:28 PM

I'm going to be ordering a Bare Knuckle Miracle Man pickup to put in the bridge of my 2017 Gibson Les Paul Standard T. I've read some reviews and watched the few demos of the miracle man pup I could find. I normally go with Seymour Duncan as my passive pickup and EMG as my active. I found the miracle man pickup while doing some searching for something a little differant. It is a passive pickup based on Zakk Wyldes sound which is active emg's. I already have 2 les pauls loaded with ZW EMG"S and my 2015 Gibson Les Paul Classic has a Seymour Duncan Alternitive 8 (alnico 8 magnet)in the bridge. I found the SD pup because I wanted a hot pickup without loosing the alnico feel. It is a great pickup. I just don't want every guitar to sound the same so I believe the Bare Knuckle miracle man will add something differant to my tone. If anybody has any experiance with this pickup let me know what you think. MY final Les Paul will be staying stock. I picked up a 2017Gibson Les Paul Traditional HP with Burbucker 2 neck and a burstbucker 3plus in the bridge andsounds mean and agressive. It was not what I expected it to sound like so I was pleasantly suprised. Backto the subject, Just looking for feedback on Bare Knuckle miracle man pickup and Bare Knuckle pickups in general.
Scotty V.
http://imgur.com/a/z4f2J
Current equipment, 2017 Gibson Les Paul Standard T Blueberry Burst, 2017 Gibson Les Paul Traditional HP in Antique Burst, 2015 Gibson Les Paul Classic with a Seymour Duncon Alternitive 8 in the bridge position, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Studio/active emg 81/85, 2012 Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custome Plus, 2016 Schecter FR7 Hellraiser Sustainiac 7 string Trans red, 2016 Jackson RR24 Flying V (Randy Rhoads) White with Black pinstripes, 2016 EVH 5150 III 2X12 Combo (Ivory), Digitech RP 1000, Dunlop Rotovibe, Fender Mustang V 150 watt stereo Head matched 4X12 200 watt Stereo Cab. 2 and 4 button switch for the head and expression pedal for the head. My main axe and amp are my 2015 Gibson Les Paul Classic through my EVH 5150 III 2X12 combo with a 4X12 Fender Mustang extention cab. My Dunlop Rotovibe is hooked up toThe Digitech RP 1000 which is mainly used as an EQ and some chorus every now and then. All my gain comes from my amp.

#2 User is offline   dReit1 

• Advanced Member

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:33 AM

I can't help ya with the Miracle Man. I've never had the opportunity to try one. But I have installed/played 4 sets of Bareknuckle pickups.
Humbuckers-Stormy Monday, The Mule. Tele single coils- Yardbird and Brown Sugar. All were outstanding pups! And the folks at Bareknuckle are top notch.
I think you will be very happy with the Miracle Man. [thumbup]

#3 User is offline   merciful-evans 

• I doubt I'm entitled to a title
  • LocationPortsmouth UK

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:25 PM

My Fingerbone Strat came fitted with a BK Stormy Monday bridge pup and a BK Yardbird neck pup.

It has the sweetest tone of all my electric guitars. My luthier (who sorted out the wiring) was also impressed.
Hagstrom Deuce / Fylde Acoustic / Variax Standard / Gibson ES-339 / Gibson LP Less+ / PRS SE Custom24 / Hofner HCT-J17 / Camps Spanish / Jackson Soloist / Rickenbacker 650 /Squier Esprit
Miele S5 Power 2200w Vacuum Cleaner
Makita BO3710 Finishing Sander
Verdict 6" vernier scale calipers
Whittard of Chelsea Florence blue teapot
Spear & Jackson 1712PF/INS12 trenching fork

Posted Image put the kettle on
I sometimes think; therefore I am intermittent
my band BLOWN OUT

#4 User is offline   Pin 

• Thread Killer
  • LocationSouthend, Essex

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:46 PM

I have 4 conductor Bare Knuckle "Mules" in my Jimmy Page wired Yamaha SG2000. Great pickups!
GUITARS: 1978 Gibson Les Paul 25 / 50; Gibson ES345 1959 Reissue; 1974 Yamaha AE12 jazz box; Yamaha SG2000: Fender "Roland Ready" Strat; Epiphone Les Paul '56; Epiphone SG400; HK Steinberger copy; Cimar Classical.
AMPS & EFFECTS: Various effects, synths and Mesa Maverick 1 x 12.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users