Gibson Brands Forums

2017 Explorer

kissarmy1

I have that same guitar (assuming it's the limited run from AMS) and love it. Wish it had pickup covers but its still a 10 outta 10. Congrats on the new guitar and keep practicing. Learning guitar has its share of peaks and valley's but it is very rewarding when it all finally comes together. Happy pickin' and beautiful guitar!

Ach, forget all that books and notation nonsense.

Three simple steps to Explorer-playing heaven:

1. Distortion pedal.

2. Power chords.

3. Let rip.

That approach has served me pretty well for over 30 years [thumbup]

I already know how to read sheet music form playing in band in junior high and high school 30 plus years ago. Hardest part learning guitar is trying to mute. With a wind instrument you just stop blowing in it.

Pete Townsend used to just smash them onto the floor until they stopped making noise but that seems a little extreme.

Most people just use the palm of their right hand down by the wrist.

I keep coming back to the pic of your Explorer, that looks like a nice one. Congrats!

I already know how to read sheet music form playing in band in junior high and high school 30 plus years ago. Hardest part learning guitar is trying to mute. With a wind instrument you just stop blowing in it.

That’s the hardest part? Learning to mute was easy for me. I just can’t play lead to save my life.

Archived