• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Epi FT 570-BL

#21 User is offline   ImSoFrickinBored 

• Group: Members

Posted 24 January 2010 - 01:09 PM

I know it's kinda weird for me to bump this,

I have the exact same guitar. The neck issue is actually on mine too, so I think all of them must have had it. Mine says Sheraton after Epiphone on the label inside. This thing plays like a dream. Can anyone try and figure out how old mine might be? (We have the exact same one)

Thanks a lot

UPDATE:

My tag says:

Style: (blank)
Epiphone: FT270-BL
Model: Sheraton
Epiphone Company
Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Made in Japan.

Hmm... We've got similar ones. These things are amazing whatever they are.

#22 User is offline   TommyK 

• You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day
  • LocationNorth Shore of Mare Vaporum

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:43 PM

No trouble at all ImSoFrickinBored. I enjoy revisiting these discussions. Best you can get for a date on yours is mid to late 1970's Serial numbers, if they had them, were anything but serial.
~~~~~~~
"Fair" is never "Even" --- me again.
"... and Bob's your uncle," --- TWilson
"The closer you get to civilization, the less civilized humans become" --- me again.
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that the Ark was built by a lone amateur and the Titanic by a staff of highly educated, highly trained engineers." ... Jimmy John's.

Guitars = Chick Magnet
Guitar Hero = Guy Magnet
You do the math.

"If you've got time to breathe, you've got time for music," Briscoe Darling
"If it ain't got a hole, it ain't got no soul," me, TommyK

#23 User is offline   JBolton 

Posted 05 April 2010 - 06:42 AM

Hey all. I can't tell you strongly enough how much I enjoyed your discussion here.

When I was a naive kid working in a music store, I discovered an FT 570SB amongst the returns in the store's back room. The flame was beautiful; it seemed such a tragedy for such a gorgeous guitar to have suffered a broken neck. So I shipped it off through corporate channels for repair and return -- which happened, and so I bought mine 09/06/79. After employee discount and perhaps because of the defect, the total with tax was $78.78. The neck separated again, so on 07/01/97 I had it repaired once more -- this time at Chuck Levin's Washington Music Centre in Wheaton, MD. Those guys did a fantasic job; the thing has since remained a rock.

Though partialy removed, the serial number tag on the back appears to read 8456. The tag inside the body, which I think was once blue but now a faded "tan" is Kzoo / MADE IN JAPAN; it also reads SHERATON.

The finish is now a little dinged up, but I still think it looks and sounds wonderful. I am just so tickled that, after all these years, I come to find here that broken neck was indigenous to most of this whole line! What a wonderfully charming story -- and I love all the rich historical detail that y'all have graciously shared here.

Question: Can you recommend any specific current hard cases for this guitar? The gig bag that I've used all these years is now worthless. At present, the local music stores and Guitar Centers don't have anything. It would be nice to have specific case model numbers and brands confirmed before I make the hours drive to Chuck Levins.

#24 User is offline   TommyK 

• You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day
  • LocationNorth Shore of Mare Vaporum

Posted 05 April 2010 - 08:48 AM

Probably a case which would fit an EJ-200 Epi or SJ200 Gibson.

http://accessories.m...tars?sku=540802
~~~~~~~
"Fair" is never "Even" --- me again.
"... and Bob's your uncle," --- TWilson
"The closer you get to civilization, the less civilized humans become" --- me again.
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that the Ark was built by a lone amateur and the Titanic by a staff of highly educated, highly trained engineers." ... Jimmy John's.

Guitars = Chick Magnet
Guitar Hero = Guy Magnet
You do the math.

"If you've got time to breathe, you've got time for music," Briscoe Darling
"If it ain't got a hole, it ain't got no soul," me, TommyK

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users