Gibson the paul II

mydeadblues

Hmmmmmmm..... Listing FLAGGED for REMOVAL! [biggrin]

Also, another listing/post in that city - "RE: Gibson Les Paul", in which

the poster complains the "Seller" will tell you when you call that He's

been offered HIGHER, and "would you like to BID"? Basically calls the

seller a SCAMMER.

Yeah, $250 WITH HSC is Loooooowwww, unless the seller just wants the cash

asap and doesn't care. It would definitely require a thorough eyeballing.

It happens....SOMETIMES.

I used to own a 1978 Gibson "The Paul". For THOSE, average Ebay/Ebait price

is around $800, give or take a few Dineros.

A Gibson "The Paul II" is a 1990s re-issue of the original, but with multiple

COLOR options. I've never had the opportunity to play one. However, expect a

"usual" price of $400 - $600, depending on condition, desirability of color, etc.

If the git had a broken headstock and was repaired, cut the "usual" price in HALF.

Probably a scam artist. I bought a "The Paul" last year that needed work for substantially more than $250, and they sell in good, original condition on eBay for $700 to $800.

It and the Firebrand equivalent were the low end of the Gibson LP line in the late 70's before the Studios were introduced.

The ebony fretboard, US-made Grovers, and T-Top pickups are a plus. It would be a steal at $250, but I'm sure it was a come-on.

Guess who just returned my call[biggrin]

Picture003-2.jpg?t=1296946840

Got it for $250 with a old epiphone les paul case! So the seller was actually a really nice guy and he gave me the run down about the Re: post and why he's selling it. He told somebody yesterday that he'd sell it to him for $250 but minutes later somebody called and offered him $300. He called the original buyer back as a courtesy call and the guy flipped out on him cussing him out saying that he promised to sell it to him and all this BS. Sucks for the guy that he missed out on a good buy, but good thing he was an asshole or else I might not have gotten the guitar. I guess the guy that said he'd pay $300 flaked out on him. The seller just bought a new Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe in tobacco burst/vintage sunburst with a 60s' neck and a split coil tap option. He just needed some cash to fund his new guitar and wow it was a beauty!

Hmmm. If I'm following this correctly, that's a "The Paul II" which are different than the earlier "The Paul" and Firebrand series.

I need to do some research, but it looks like a fair deal.

My "The Paul" and the Firebrands have the switch down by the tail piece, and are finished in clear coat.

In any case, HNGD!

Hmmm. If I'm following this correctly, that's a "The Paul II" which are different than the earlier "The Paul" and Firebrand series.

I need to do some research, but it looks like a fair deal.

My "The Paul" and the Firebrands have the switch down by the tail piece, and are finished in clear coat.

In any case, HNGD!

Thank you!

Guess who just returned my call[biggrin]

Based on your PIC and a bit of Cross-referencing (Link to other The Paul II Pics follows),

Looks legit to me!

You lucky [cursing][cursing][cursing] !

http://www.google.com/images?rlz=1T4GWYA_enUS316US264&q=pictures+of+gibson+the+paul+II&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=z7JOTYCbOcOBlAea7pnxDw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCQQsAQwAA&biw=1257&bih=594

Unreal. Next String Change, flip the pickups over and look at the back.

I'm curious what any stickers/writing/engraving may be on them, as I don't

know WHAT pups are in a The Paul II.

[thumbup]

Based on your PIC and a bit of Cross-referencing (Link to other The Paul II Pics follows),

Looks legit to me!

You lucky [cursing][cursing][cursing] !

http://www.google.com/images?rlz=1T4GWYA_enUS316US264&q=pictures+of+gibson+the+paul+II&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&ei=z7JOTYCbOcOBlAea7pnxDw&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=1&ved=0CCQQsAQwAA&biw=1257&bih=594

Unreal. Next String Change, flip the pickups over and look at the back.

I'm curious what any stickers/writing/engraving may be on them, as I don't

know WHAT pups are in a The Paul II.

[thumbup]

I just changed the strings last night! haha next change I'll let you know for sure [biggrin].

• 2 years later...

i bought a red one in '98 and it is still by far my favorite guitar to this day. I paid $650 for it used and was worth every penny. great sound and excellent feel. they havn't made these since '97, so if you find one, get it and play the **** out of it! Enjoy.

Archived