Gibson Brands Forums

Help re-wiring Epiphone Dot

Bigmandot

I recently upgraded the pickups in my dot. While doing so I decided to re-wire the whole thing. I bought cts pots, orange drop capacitors .47mf. Stupidly I didn't pay enough attention to the previous wiring. I found a schematic on gibson website for a sheraton II b/c they didn't have one for the dot. Got it all together, nothing but grounding problems. I called my local repair guy and he said to use the same one from seymour duncan and wired it the one from sd was different somewhat in how the capacitors connected. Akthough this worked better than the gibson diagram. Did,. Question: does anyone have a schematic for a dot they can send me by email? An actual picture of the wiring harness would help too. Secondly should I use a single conductor shielded wiring? ! Used 20gauge solid wire and just ran s ground wire around all the pots

Any thoughts or suggestiins would help

Thanks

I recently upgraded the pickups in my dot. While doing so I decided to re-wire the whole thing. I bought cts pots, orange drop capacitors .47mf. Stupidly I didn't pay enough attention to the previous wiring. I found a schematic on gibson website for a sheraton II b/c they didn't have one for the dot. Got it all together, nothing but grounding problems. I called my local repair guy and he said to use the same one from seymour duncan and wired it the one from sd was different somewhat in how the capacitors connected. Akthough this worked better than the gibson diagram. Did,. Question: does anyone have a schematic for a dot they can send me by email? An actual picture of the wiring harness would help too. Secondly should I use a single conductor shielded wiring? ! Used 20gauge solid wire and just ran s ground wire around all the pots

Thanks

Thanks

I did the same thing last year and to this day one control is mis-mapped and I get plenty of static. That is not any easy install with such limited access to the inside. Crummy deal for sure, I was pretty excited because the new pups were 57s and was convinced this was going to be my new favorite until I actually plugged it in. I need to bite the bullet and pay someone. Hope you get it straightened out.

Archived