Gibson Brands Forums

NH&CD, it's juicy! Micro Terror & PPC112

Mr. C.O. Jones

Well I thought that my LPJ deserves a bit more horsepower than my ol' Crush Pix 12L,

so I ordered me a Micro Terror and the PPC112 cab.

Played a bit with it and I have to say it's shocking, it is LOUD.

Soundwise exactly what I expected, and the cab, well I love it.

It is exactly what I wanted.

Nice cab and a very, very affordable hybrid head, for waiting until I can buy me a full valve head.

The only thing that f***ed my NAD is that it has lots of hum, and even played clean.

In the same moment when I play an open string it comes a annoying static clicking noise out of my speaker.

It's like it has some serious grounding issue.

I don't know maybe it's the cheap chinese power supply.

I know some forumites have Micro Terror's and would appreciate their thoughts about this problem.

Fact is the Crush Pix doesn't do It, well it hums a litte but only when the gain/overdrive is cranked up.

I think I bring It to my tech and test it there with him.

I would love to keep it, but with this humming and cracking theres no way.

Anyway here are some pics......

IMG_20150124_132605-1_zpsd6rxcd37.jpg

IMG_20150126_072135_zpskndr9brc.jpg

Greetz Marcos

You may have a defective amp there.

I recently purchased a Micro Terror and have no problem at all with any "hum".

I also got the 8 inch cab. Love both of them.

This tiny amp can really put out some great sounds! [thumbup]

Hello Brad.

Yeah I think the same, something is wrong with it.

I'll bring it to my tech this evening, to check it.

I hope I can send it back soon to get another one.

And at first I thought about getting two or three of those 8 inch cabs.

Still wondering how this would have sounded.eusa_think.gif

But I want to buy someday an OR 15 or the Thunder 30 H, and thats why I bought the PPC112,

Well that and the Celestion speaker.

I have the Micro Terror and PPC 1x12 cab and it totally rocks. No noise or hum unless you're running single coils or P90's, for which it would be expected to a degree. I would suggest taking off the top and removing and re-installing the pre-amp tube. could be as simple as a poor, dirty or loose pin-socket connection. Other than that, just exchange it for a new one.

I like mine so much, I probably plug into it 50% of the time when playing at home. It's just too easy to adjust the three controls to totally change volume, tone and gain on this thing. I also grab it for jamming at practice because it's so light and portable compared to my Mesa setup and has no trouble keeping up with everything else.

Orange1_zpsfa956b11.jpg

Took it yesterday after work to my favorite store and my tech checked it. They could not believe it was a 20 watt head, it was funny to look at their faces. And yes it is the micro terrof that causes the noise my guitar is ok. He connectet this little monster..... to a 4 12 Engl cab, and I have to say it was scary didn't expect it to get that loud. So I already mailed Thomann for returning it for a functioning one. He tested it with a LP classic or standard i don't know, GAS big time. Took a "Cool" plectrum home and love it. Have to go to the store when my new head arives, they have some real bada$$ pedals there and a 3 pickup LP Custom I wanna try. Next time I take some pics. Shame on me.

Archived