Gibson Brands Forums

My new ZOOT SUIT LES PAUL!

RUSHian

I purchased this new Zoot Suit Les Paul for many reasons. I am on a limited budget, and I must consider a Les Paul that has TONE, PLAYABILITY, and something unique that 'fits' and is unique to me (I'm not a 'follow the crowd guy") I had to sacrifice my Gary Moore BFG to get his, BUT after reading the positive comments from Zoot owners, I took the plunge and I'm glad I did. The tone is there (love the 498T and P90 combo) and it plays fast and smooth. I has a look not everyone likes, but I'm a child of the 60's and 70's and this guitar has the Mojo, baby!

ZALL_zps2424c98a.jpg

ZRS_zps33e9bacc.jpg

ZLS_zps67afec32.jpg

Now that is the ultimate pancake body - 20 layers. You think all of that glue and wood would weigh a ton, even if birch.

The concept is interesting, but it is basically birch plywood with a richlite (paper-based) fingerboard. Not to rip on anyone's guitar, but it definitely starts out behind the 8 ball in my mind.

Then again, I own a plastic guitar (Switch Stealth Innovo-V) for dive-bombing, so I guess to each their own.

Think it should have came with a hardshell case instead of a gigbag.....JT

Me to i bought a gator case for mine i hang the gig bags up . They are kind of a waste in my opinion.

they are one great guitar in my book sure it is different but its time to move on and make the improvements Gibson is doing they are a great guitar company.Try one you will like it . You know this guitar doesn't get affected by temperature change i can pull it out of the case and its in tune and it stays in tune cant say that with my other Les Paul's. I just know it is a great guitar and try it you will like it lets get out of the 50s for once

Archived