Gibson Brands Forums

Do you sing using amplification?

Riffster

I saw that clip and she refuses using the pitch correction feature, while I understand her principle she could have easily explained how it works, after all this pedal may appeal to hobbyists and if that's a part of the market they should cater.

I am looking at this unit just to have fun, for example I am working on playing and singing Black Sabbath's Paranoid and sure, I could sing with dry vocals but I would like it better if I can ad the same amount of reverb that the original song has and would be cool to have a control right in front of me. That simple.

Looks like I missed the 13% coupon MF had last week, that knocks $20 off, once I see a good deal I am going to jump on it.

The best way to do it is to have a sound guy that knows the songs your going to play and knows how you prefer to sound (when and where in all song's), the main reason for this is so that the performers can just do there thing and not have to worry about twiddling with knobs when he/she needs to be singing or playing. A guitar player or key's player using there foot peddles would of coarse be an exception to this.

I have these tools (and a few other's) for stage and studio...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sefauu4OyJU

DP5Everb_zpsdfbf1ef1.jpg

@ milod

I feel just like you in terms of "this is my voice, isn't this what I'm using to sell the song?"

@ Rays

The whole point you make about not wanting to noodle with the thing onstage...very good point. Not everyone is going to have someone committed enough to the sound to set the thing up for each song to your desire, but it would be really useful. I reckon if I used one of them gizmos I'd have it set to one thing and leave it there. Watching guitarists tweek their pedals onstage is exhausting enough, can you imagine everyone fooling with their own pedals? [flapper]

Most all of the out-board time-based processors have presets and plenty of storage room for personal presets and a foot controller that can be placed any where but again its best to let a sound guy do all that. My Lexicon unit has a plug for a foot controller but it didn't come with one so I don't have one atm.

Archived