Gibson Brands Forums

Question on Studio Devils software

CoreyT

I have seen this software advertised in the mags, and I had read they have demos of it.

When I go to the site, it says I need to have this installed first:

Requires a VST, Audio Units, or RTAS audio host for Windows or Mac OS X.

Studio Devil Virtual Guitar Amp II

I am not sure what any of the above is, but my son did put Rocksmith on my PC several months back.

Not sure if that put drivers on or not that the Studio Devil software requires.

Thanks, Corey

I'm curious about Devil now that I've heard the demos on their site. I've been using the guitar amps that come with the Reaper Daw and you can't tweek them...basicaly you chose the amp and the amp settings are what they are (not displayed). If you can tweek the settings on the Devil per amp it would be a great upgrade.

@ Riffster

What setting did you get for free and did it sound like the demo?

Either way, long as you have a DAW and you're not picking a vst that works "only with Cubase" or "only with (insert picky DAW) you should be able to use Devil.

I will have to sign up there then and give it a try.

I have heard of Garageband before, but it is only for MAC.

I Google yesterday and found this site which lists two alternatives for Windows users.

The first one has a demo to try out, not sure about the Sony one if they have a demo or not.

http://www.garagebandforwindows.org/

I will have to sign up there then and give it a try.

I have heard of Garageband before, but it is only for MAC.

I Google yesterday and found this site which lists two alternatives for Windows users.

The first one has a demo to try out, not sure about the Sony one if they have a demo or not.

http://www.garagebandforwindows.org/

I have Reaper. It was $70 and it has LOTS of features. It is VERY stable and doesn't take up much memory or CPU (I have a poo PC). It doesn't come with instruments which is why it is so cheap (I use free VSTi)...the trial unlocks the WHOLE program, but you'll be prompted to buy it every time you load it, which is a slight annoyance, but you get to expirience all it is capable of for free before you buy.

Archived