Gibson Brands Forums

ES-339 case candy/serial# info?

simon_62

No such thing as a CS339. There was a CS336, but that's an entirely different animal. This is, as you suspect, an ES339 and all of them are made in the "Memphis Custom" shop (as opposed to the Nashville Custom Shop or the main production factory known as "Gibson USA"). If you want to have some fun, have the owner point you to some comparable sales prices for the "CS339."

Model number ES339AVSNH1 = ES339-Antique Vintage Sunburst - Nickel Hardware - first quality/regular production.

By the way the ES339 came with covered humbuckers so somebody swapped them or removed the covers - it's not in original condition. D-oh, just noticed the Duncan logo on the pickups.

My certificate looks different. Case candy was a short Custom cord, a few picks, a cloth, wrench, that's about it, eh?

My next Gibby (my daughters Studio) didn't even have the wrench.

Times are tough.

Buy it. Then put some 57 Classics in it......

Murph.

They've always had the serial number starting with "CS" as they are built in the Custom Shop' date=' but that doesn't affect the model number. They've always been ES-339s.[/quote']

My point is that ALL thinline semis are build in the Custom Shop... There's no longer such thing as an ES that is not a custom shop Gibson - not anymore - no matter what's in the serial number. So you can say that ES in the modelnumber (for instance ES-335) has not affected the serial-number on anything not being CS-numbers. All thinlines come with CS certificate, custom shop cases, and custom shop case candy (since 2007)

Archived