Gibson Brands Forums

50th ann Dove review

JuanCarlosVejar

I never understand Gibson's thinking on these reissues. 50 years ago Gibson NEVER used that ugly color on any Dove. How hard would it be to get the color right? I can't see the pickguard all that well but it looks to be made of the wrong material as well. It's almost like they have no one that works there than knows any history of their guitars. This is very odd. Maybe it's just the color reproduction from the lighting but?????? Doves are Cherry Red....

I never understand Gibson's thinking on these reissues. 50 years ago Gibson NEVER used that ugly color on any Dove. How hard would it be to get the color right? I can't see the pickguard all that well but it looks to be made of the wrong material as well. It's almost like they have no one that works there than knows any history of their guitars. This is very odd. Maybe it's just the color reproduction from the lighting but?????? Doves are Cherry Red....

HG ,

I believe this Session Music version was a cheaper version of the original 50th Ann Dove Gibson wanted to put out . Jeremy Fuller said the guitar was way too expensive so I imagine that Gibson put out this cheaper version so people would actually buy it . you can see Robi talking about the "expensive" version of the dove at around the 4:35 mark in this video :

JC

I like the Dove a lot - this one sounds terrific.

And in fact I prefer this hue to the original - tomato-soup for cherry sauce. (though I understand what you're saying, Hogeye).

A half strange thing is that I've never met a guitar that sings so strong with new or newer string and then dies down to almost nothing when they fade.

The one above has the narrow nut, which means it is a no-case for me. Let 1oo other buyers/fliers be happy. . .

Archived