Gibson Brands Forums

My First Guitar Lesson

jaxson50

Kinda reminds me of my pix of my eldest niece on my lap (in diapers) while I was pickin'. That's roughly 1967 as I recall. Ah, but we both were rather younger then; she's actually cuter if possible and me... well... I'm just older.

<grin>

m

Kinda reminds me of my pix of my eldest niece on my lap (in diapers) while I was pickin'. That's roughly 1967 as I recall. Ah, but we both were rather younger then; she's actually cuter if possible and me... well... I'm just older.

<grin>

m

That picture was taken in 1951, and no, I didn't remember the lesson..[blink]

Guest Farnsbarns

Well, in '51 I'd been "playing" piano, as in taking lessons, for about 2 years. That never did really take. Darn it.

But... did you slobber on the guitar? <chortle>

m

Ha. Funny you should say that. I have gained a reputation for dribbling on my guitar during solos. It's only actually happened twice but that's enough when it comes to my friends.

1367306819[/url]' post='1368576']

Ha. Funny you should say that. I have gained a reputation for dribbling on my guitar during solos. It's only actually happened twice but that's enough when it comes to my friends.

That's funny! Like when I cover Willie Nelson's, "On the Road Again", I change to words to ......"On my toes again, I just peed on my toes again, getting older is not that fun my friend - and soon your gonna be peeing on your toes my friend...."

Then have the audience song along!

Archived